Goal: To increase the number and strength of Marathon paddlers in Ontario.
measuring paddler proficiency
Points system. Strength training.
provincial team qualifications
national team qualifications
The A, B, C Strategy...
- gap analysis on how to measure paddler proficiency
- assign athletes to provincial team
- educate and reward paddlers using points system
Building Blocks Strategy
- provide information on paddling clinics/'pods' to paddlers
- update the manual and provide to paddlers
- provide how to guides for training on web, newsletter
- merchandise for purchase
- develop paddlers corner on website
- update paddlers on events through newsletter, webpage, Facebook, email and annual meeting
- one or more 'social' events for members
- survey monkey of members asking for input on what worked what didn't work
go to shared documents page to post and read articles find out about training. See a list of paddling 'pods' where you can link up with other paddlers.